- Unanswered questions about the WAMI Awards
[WANTED: WAMI Awards Show programs 1981-2002]
(last updated .02-13-2014)
- Home Page
| Search this site
| On-Site Discographies
Wisconsin Music Site Map
Wisconsin Area Music Industry (WAMI)
| WAMI Site Map
This page lists unanswered questions I have about the
Wisconsin Area Music Industry (WAMI) Awards and its Award Shows.
if you can answer one or more of these questions.
- Where are copies of the 1981-1996 and 2001-2002 programs I've
- With scores of currently active
Wisconsin based bands,
who decided that
was a dead genre and unworthy of a single nomination since 2001?
- Somebody told me that WAMI had serious problems and there might not
have been a show at all one or more years. If so, which years, and
- As it is so infrequently given, what are the criteria for the
- Where are the publically accessible WAMI historical records since
1981 kept? Partial answer; the 19?? Board of Directors designated the
Jean Cuje' (coo-shay') Milwaukee Music Collection
at Marquette University as the Official WAMI Archives.
The Archives might include: 1981 to date Board meeting minutes,
Treasurer's Reports, Award Show programs, and permanent reference copies
The 1981-1995 nominated Songs and Albums are unknown, but for
1996-2008, there were 69 different Songs and 68 different Albums
nominated. Where are they all now?
- Where is it written, the entire Award process from beginning to
- Who decides what the
will be and the criteria they considered in changing them from year to
- Who decides which categories are important enough to be presented
Live in Person from the Stage?
- Who is able to nominate names and vote, and how? Partial answer,
Paid up members. Anyone else? See
People's Choice Awards below.
- Who determines whether every Nominee submitted for a particular
genre of music is appropriate for that genre?
Previous problems: Pop/Rock singers and Country Bands nominated for
Folk Awards, R&B singers nominated for Jazz Awards, Country Bands
nominated for Bluegrass Awards, and completely plugged in bands nominated
for Acoustic Awards.
- Generally there are five Nominees in each Category on the final
ballot. Why are there sometimes four, six or seven Nominees?
- Who receives and counts the votes, types up the Winner Certificates
and seals the Presented envelopes?
- What company manufactures the Awards?
To prevent undue influencea or pre-Show leaks, the previous two
questions probably can never be publicly answered.
- How are
- When was the first People's Choice Award given, 2003?
- Why do the categories change from year to year?
2004: Band, Print Media, Radio Station, Music Venue
2006: Band, Print Media, Radio Station, Music Venue
Known links to this page:
Please send additions and/or corrections to Doug Henkle:
P.O. Box 331, Ripon, WI 54971-0331
| WAMI Site Map
| Wisconsin Music Site Map
Copyright © 2008-2016
Douglas H. Henkle, All Rights Reserved.